In 2019, a video is going to be a must in digital advertising, and the only way to effectively promote and grow your business.
Last year video was already a number one tool to get the best possible results on social media. Many businesses and marketers have successfully incorporated video marketing into their campaigns and are already getting positive results.
Why is video marketing so important?
Humans are visual species, and we are also kind of spoiled. Videos give us everything we need in this new world of digital. They give us emotions, visual entertainment, simplified content, and all of that with one click of a mouse.
If you own a startup or a small business, explainer videos or promotional videos are the best things for your business. Why? Because You can explain and promote everything about your business in 60 seconds and reach thousands of people in one day. Isn’t that amazing! If you want to know more about how making video content can help your small business read my article – Small Business Needs A Video Strategy!
Here are some of the video trends:
- 6 out of 10 people would rather watch online videos than television. (Google)
- Mobile video consumption rises by 100% every year. (Insivia)
- By 2022, online videos will make up more than 82% of all consumer internet traffic — 15 times higher than it was in 2017. (Cisco)
- 78% of people watch online videos every week, and 55% view online videos every day. (HubSpot)
- A Facebook executive predicted that their platform would be all video and no text by 2021. (Quartz)
- YouTube is the second most popular website after Google.
- Users view more than 1 billion hours of video each day on YouTube. (YouTube)
- 75% of all video plays are on mobile devices. (eMarketer)
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video, compared to 10% when reading it in a text. (Insivia)
- 72% of customers would rather learn about a product or service by way of video. (HubSpot)
- 92% of users watching video on mobile will share it with others. (Wordstream)
The conclusion is simple. Video is a rock star of digital marketing, and it will stay that way for many years to come. But how will the popularity of video content help Your business?
What do numbers say about video marketing?
- Video increases organic search traffic on a website by 157%. (Conversion XL)
- A website is 53 times more likely to reach the front page of Google if it includes video. (Insivia)
- 50% of viewers aged 18-34 said they would stop what they were doing to watch a video from their favorite creator. (Google)
- Videos attract 300% more traffic and help to nurture leads. (MarketingSherpa)
- 65% of executives have gone to the marketer’s site, and 39% have called them on the phone after watching a marketing video. (Forbes)
- Including a video on your landing page can boost your conversion rate by up to 80%. (Unbounce)
- Nearly 50% of internet users look for videos related to a product or service before visiting a store. (Hubspot)
- 25% of companies publish videos every week. (Buffer)
- 97% of marketers say a video has helped users gain a better understanding of their products and services. (Hubspot)
- 52% of marketers say a video is the type of content with the best ROI. (HubSpot)
- Adding video to your emails can increase click rates by 300%. (HubSpot)
- A video is expected to make up 82% of internet traffic by 2021. (Cisco)
All these statistics just show us the importance of video content in our marketing strategy.
What are the reasons behind the video’s popularity?
People get emotionally connected to videos and can easily understand the message in videos. Yes, everybody is talking about content, but nobody has any time to read all of the content that is served to them. Video is short, more expressive, and people pay attention to videos for a longer period of time.
As we mentioned earlier, video can express feelings, behaviors, and it clearly conveys the central theme. Oh, and the most critical thing, the video brings in the numbers. No other content can measure up to those numbers.
How do videos help with SEO?
If you put your video on your landing pages or if your blogs have videos in them, you will score high with Google. Why? Well, it’s simple, people will spend more time on your site while watching an entertaining video and Google will recognize that.
But that video can’t be just any kind of video. It has to contain qualities to attract a worldwide audience.
So you should be very careful who is going to make those videos for you. Be sure to choose experts who will do every part of the video-making process in the highest professional standards. From a script, voice over, illustrations, and finally, animation.